BLT pasta salad.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce corkscrew shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces lean bacon
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt (or Sea Salt)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 5 cups chopped romaine hearts
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water as the label directs. Drain and toss with the milk in a large bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings from the pan. Add the tomatoes, thyme and garlic to the pan and toss until warmed through; season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the bacon into bite-size pieces; set aside 1/4 cup for garnish. Toss the remaining bacon and the tomato mixture with the pasta.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and 3 tablespoons chives with the pasta until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lettuce; toss again to coat. Garnish with the reserved bacon and the remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BLT pasta salad. Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads