Amazing amazing amazing. Delicious for the eyes and the taste! I made this when my parents came to visit and we were licking the plate.
BLT Panzanella Salad
Use the showiest farmers' market or garden tomatoes in a dish that deliciously combines a favorite sandwich and a classic Italian salad, with a touch of corn and basil thrown in for extra summery flair.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 299mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces Italian bread, crusts trimmed, torn into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 4 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup small multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon plus dash of kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 3 applewood-smoked bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread; sauté 5 minutes or until bread is toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in corn.
- 2. Sprinkle tomatoes with dash of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; let tomatoes stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, and oil in a large bowl. Add bread mixture and arugula; toss to coat. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives in a small bowl.
- 4. Arrange tomatoes and bread mixture on a large platter. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle evenly with basil and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note