- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 ounces Italian bread, crusts trimmed, torn into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 4 large ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup small multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon plus dash of kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 3 applewood-smoked bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- calories 150
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 15.1 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 299 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bread; sauté 5 minutes or until bread is toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in corn.
Sprinkle tomatoes with dash of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; let tomatoes stand 5 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, and oil in a large bowl. Add bread mixture and arugula; toss to coat. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives in a small bowl.
Arrange tomatoes and bread mixture on a large platter. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture; sprinkle evenly with basil and bacon.