Dressed-up traditional bruschetta with popular BLT sandwich fixin's. The maple bacon adds a tasty dimension. Mesquite-flavored bacon could be substituted. From field editor Pat Stevens: Granbury, Texas. Recipe published in Taste of Home August/September 2007.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup(s) prepared pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 loaf(s) (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- • In a large bowl, combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tablespoons pesto, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- • Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil.
- • Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note