I substituted seasoned rice wine vinegar for the red wine vinegar. Then thick sliced ham (leftover glazed spiral ham from Easter) heated through, in a non-stick skillet, rather than the bacon. And then substituted an english muffin for the bakery bread. This is one of my favorite weekend dishes to make! Love it!
BLT Benedict with Avocado-Tomato Relish
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 (3/4-inch-thick) bakery bread slices, toasted
- 3 cups firmly packed arugula
- 12 thick bacon slices, cooked
- 1. Combine tomatoes and next 5 ingredients and 2 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- 2. Add water to depth of 3 inches in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and maintain at a light simmer. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar. Break eggs, and slip into water, 1 at a time, as close as possible to surface. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon. Trim edges, if desired.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of each bread slice. Layer each with 1/2 cup arugula, 2 bacon slices, and 1 egg. Top with tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This