Blooming Bibb Lettuce Salad
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 heads Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- In a bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and oregano. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stack the lettuce leaves on 4 plates to form a flower shape, using the largest leaves on the bottom and the smallest on top. Drizzle with the dressing, distributing the tomatoes among the stacked leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note