A little horseradish gives a kick to this cocktail invented by Lucy Leahy, from Oakland. For the red color, she uses "Glacier" tomatoes from her garden, but you could substitute any color or variety you have on hand.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 338mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 large ripe heirloom tomato (8 oz.), chopped
- 1/2 cup potato vodka such as Blue Ice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 6 pitted green olives
- 2 long Thai chiles
- Whirl tomato in a blender until smooth. Strain into a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Add vodka, horseradish, and lemon juice, and shake to blend. Strain into 2 highball glasses. To garnish each glass, thread 3 olives onto a chile and set over glass.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note