I tried this for my Mom's 77th birthday bash, and it was amazing!! Will definitely make it over and over again.
Bloody Mary Tomato Salad with Quick Pickled Shrimp
Mix and match colorful assorted tomatoes, such as 'Beefsteak,' 'Brandywine,' and 'Cherokee Purple.' Their rich, meaty flavor counters the dressing's tang and zip. Don't overlook the tender inside leaves of the celery bunch--they're quite delicious, and they add an herbal note to the dish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 3 pounds assorted tomatoes, sliced
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced celery
- Bloody Mary Vinaigrette
- Quick Pickled Shrimp
- 1/2 cup firmly packed celery leaves
- Garnishes: chilled dilly beans, lemon slices, fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Arrange tomatoes and sliced celery on a large chilled platter. Sprinkle with table salt and black pepper to taste. Drizzle with desired amount of Bloody Mary Vinaigrette. Spoon Quick Pickled Shrimp over tomatoes. Top with celery leaves. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Total time includes vinaigrette and shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note