- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 lbs.), fat trimmed
- 4 large red onions, cut crosswise into 3/4-in.-thick slices
How to Make It
In a bowl, whisk together tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, horseradish, and celery seed. Add flank steak and red onions to marinade and chill at least 4 hours and up to 16 hours.
Prepare a hot charcoal or gas grill. Grill steak and onions, turning once and basting halfway through cooking, until onions are browned (6 to 8 minutes) and meat is done the way you like it, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (cut to test).