- 1 pound haricots verts (French green beans), trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 pickled okra pods, sliced
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh celery leaves
- 1/3 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, divided
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Prepare Salad: Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place beans, onion, and okra in a large bowl. Place tomatoes, celery, and celery leaves in a separate bowl.
Prepare Dressing: Whisk together Bloody Mary mix, next 5 ingredients, and 4 tsp. horseradish in a medium bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended.
Toss bean mixture with 1/4 cup dressing; arrange on a platter. Stir remaining 1/2 tsp. horseradish into 1/4 cup dressing, and toss with tomato mixture. Spoon tomato mixture over bean mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste; serve with remaining dressing.