Bloody Mary Flank Steak with Grilled Onions
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 513mg
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 lbs.), fat trimmed
- 4 large red onions, cut crosswise into 3/4-in.-thick rings
- Bloody Mary Marinade
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Celery leaves and lemon wedges
- 1. Put steak and onion slices in a 1-gal. resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, at least 4 hours and up to overnight. Remove steak and onions, reserving marinade.
- 2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above grill level only 1 to 2 seconds). Arrange steak and onions on grill and baste with marinade; close lid if using gas. Cook steak and onions until they begin to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over, baste again, and close lid. Cook onions until browned on both sides and softened, 2 to 3 minutes more; remove and set aside. Continue to cook steak until done to your liking, 10 to 12 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer steak to a rimmed board or a platter and let rest 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with onion slices and garnished with celery leaves and lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes