Blood Orange Sorbet
Photo: Jean Allsopp; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
Make a refreshing and brilliantly-colored citrus sorbet with blood orange juice, sugar and fresh lemon juice.
Yield: Makes 5 1/2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 2/3 cups fresh blood orange juice (about 10 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool completely. Stir in juices.
- Pour mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart hand-turned or electric freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Pack freezer with additional ice and rock salt; let mixture stand in freezer 1 hour before serving.
- Scoop sorbet into individual bowls. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blood Orange Sorbet Recipe at a Glance