Blood Orange Sauce
Notes: If making sauce up to 2 days ahead, cover and chill. It also makes a refreshing dressing for a green salad or grapefruit segments.
This recipe goes with Sichuan Orange Chicken
Yield: Makes About 1 cup
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 0.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups blood orange juice or regular orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, mix orange juice, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes to taste. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes; stir often. Use hot or cold.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments