- 4 cups blood orange juice
- 2 cups orange-flavored vodka or sparkling water
- 1 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
- Garnish: blood orange slices
- Optional: black sanding sugar
- Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
How to Make It
In a large pitcher, combine first 3 ingredients and Simple Syrup. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired. Serve in sugar-rimmed glasses, if desired (see Note). Makes 4 1/2 cups.
To make Simple Syrup:
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a sauce pan. Boil, stirring often, 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and syrup is reduced to 2/3 cup. Remove from heat; cool completely. Store in refrigerator. Makes 2/3 cup.