This cake was a hit with my bunco group! I love how it is so fluffy and light! The icing made it super! I was wondering how many calories are in the cake by itself. Thanks.
Blond Texas Sheet Cake
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Rose Nguyen
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Caramel-Pecan Frosting
- 1. Beat together first 5 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended. Pour batter into a greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 2 hours.
- 3. Prepare Caramel-Pecan Frosting. Pour immediately over cooled cake in pan, and spread quickly to cover cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Premium Classic White Cake Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts