Bleu Cheese Burgers
- 1-3/4 pound(s) ground sirloin (15 to 20% fat)
- 2 teaspoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 1/2 Ile de France Brie au Bleu, chilled
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 4 crusty Kaiser rolls, split
- Blue Cheese dressing:
- 4 thin wedges Ile de France Brie au Bleu, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch(s) ground cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1. Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and shallot. Mix well.
- 2. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and form each into a burger.
- 3. Cut the chilled cheese into 8 wedges and set 4 of them aside at room temperature for the dressing.
- 4. Make an indentation in the center of each burger and place of wedge of cheese in it.
- 5. Bring the ground meat up and around to completely enclose the cheese.
- 6. Brush burgers with olive oil and grill over medium-hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until medium done.
- 7. Grill Kaiser rolls, split side down, until lightly toasted.
- 8. Transfer burgers to rolls and top with arugula, tomato and a dollop of blue cheese dressing.
- 9. For dressing: Mash softened Brie au Bleu cheese with a fork in a bowl. Whisk in the cream and sour cream.
- 10. The consistency should be smooth with an occasional small bit of cheese.
- 11. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note