The adults loved these beans at our 4th of July cookout. They were too spicy for the pre-teens. I will make this again, but cut down on the chipotle chiles by half.
Blazin' Baked Beans
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1/4 pound finely diced bacon slices (raw)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 5 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (18-ounce) jar low-sodium barbecue sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan, and set bacon aside. Add onion to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine bacon, onion, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon the bean mixture into a 13 x 9-inch or 2 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables