I am a little nervous. Just made this and after whisking for 30 minutes it still did not thicken. I am hoping that the pudding is going to transform from liquid to pudding during those 4 hours in the fridge. Did anyone else experience this?
Blastin' Banana-Blueberry Pudding
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Chill: 4 Hours
- 4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, 20 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter melts. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange half of vanilla wafers evenly in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with half of banana slices and half of blueberries. Spoon half of pudding mixture evenly over fruit. Repeat layers. Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread evenly over chilled pudding. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note