Love "complete meal" sandwiches like this one. Growing up, our younger son was not a traditional breakfast eater, so we started making sandwiches like this for him. And since we are Canadian bacon fans, this one hit the spot the day after Thanksgiving when our now 40- and 43-year old sons and families visited us for the weekend. Paired the sandwiches with Virgin and Bloody Mary's and fresh fruit, and everyone cleaned their breakfast plates, including the grandchildren.
Classic tomato and mayo win a delicious bronze. Bacon, lettuce, and tomato are a strong silver. But combine bacon, lettuce, avocado, and sweet tomato, and the sandwich becomes a bona fide blue-ribbon winner.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 18.9g
- Carbohydrate: 32.1g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 870mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 3 (1-ounce) slices Canadian bacon
- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 large romaine lettuce leaf
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) slices beef-steak tomato
- 5 peeled avocado slices (about 1/4 medium avocado)
- 1. Cook bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove from pan.
- 2. Spread 1 side of each toast slice with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Layer lettuce, bacon, tomato, and avocado over mayonnaise on 1 toast slice. Cover with remaining toast slice, mayonnaise side down.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note