Bake these appropriately Irish cookies for St. Patrick's Day or other occasions; the food coloring can be changed to fit other holidays. From Connie Lou Blommers: Pella, Iowa. Recipe published as Blarney Stones in Country Woman March/April 1996.
Refrigerate: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 package(s) (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 eggs
- Green food coloring, optional
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 package(s) (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- • In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars, pudding mix and extracts until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add a few drops of green coloring if desired. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips and nuts (batter will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- • Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 150 servings, 2 per serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note