Blancmange With Strawberries
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine strawberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons rum in a medium bowl. Mix well; cover and chill.
- Combine milk, whipping cream, 1/4 cup cold water, and gelatin in a medium saucepan; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place whole almonds in container of an electric blender; gradually add 2 cups water, and process until almonds are finely ground and liquid is milky. Squeeze almonds through cheesecloth to extract liquid. Discard almonds.
- Add almond liquid and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to milk mixture in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until gelatin dissolves; stir in remaining rum.
- Pour mixture into a well - greased 3-cup ring mold. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate, and serve with sweetened strawberries mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note