- 1 pound blanched whole almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream, scalded
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum extract
- Brandied Peaches (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (optional)
- Combine almonds, 1/2 cup water, and milk. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Squeeze almond mixture through a cheesecloth to extract liquid. Discard almonds.
- Dissolve gelatin in remaining 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- Combine cream, sugar, and gelatin mixture; stir well to dissolve. Add almond liquid and rum extract; blend well.
- Pour mixture into a 5-cup mold. Chill until firm. Serve with Brandied Peaches and whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note