- WATERMELON PICO DE GALLO
- 2 cups 1/4-inch diced seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch diced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- BLACKENED TUNA NACHOS
- 1 (1-lb.) tuna steak (1 1/3 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons blackened redfish seasoning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup very thin sweet onion strips (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 9 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound mild white Cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make It
Prepare Watermelon Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Prepare Blackened Tuna Nachos: Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle all sides of tuna with blackened redfish seasoning. Set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and jalapeño pepper in hot oil 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in black beans and next 3 ingredients. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Spread tortilla chips on a half sheet pan. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Spoon bean mixture evenly over top of cheese. Sprinkle with remaining half of cheese.
Wipe skillet clean; add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add tuna steak, and sear on all sides, 4 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bake nachos at 350° for 7 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and let stand 3 minutes. Cut tuna into thin slices; cut slices into 1-inch pieces, and arrange over top of nachos. Serve immediately with Watermelon Pico de Gallo.