ok I have to ask.. what recipe site is CL? I'm not familiar with it and I've seen it mentioned several times in these reviews.
Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos
Make food truck-style fish tacos at home using fresh tilapia, avocado, cilantro and corn tortillas, and top with a creamy onion-jalapeno mixture for amazing flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 27.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.
- 2. Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper); sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note