Blackened Shrimp with Citrus Salsa
We tested with fresh citrus fruit, but you can use refrigerated bottled grapefruit sections to cut down on prep time.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 336mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 538mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Calcium: 108mg
- 1 cup chopped orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup chopped ruby red grapefruit sections (about 1 grapefruit)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salt-free blackening seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; cover and chill.
- Combine seasoning, salt, and shrimp in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag, and shake well to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and remaining shrimp. Serve warm with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note