Blackened Sea Scallops with Corn Fettucine
Community Recipe from
- For pasta:
- 1 pkg. fresh fettucini (9 oz)
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. cream
- 1 c. halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 c. fresh basil
- 3 T. parm, grated
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Cook fettucine in pot according to directions, drain and set aside. Saute onion and garlic in butter in pan over med. heat until soft, about 5 min. Stir in corn, broth and cream; simmer until corn is cooked through and mixture is slightly thickened, 5-8 min. Stir in reserved pasta, tomatoes, basil, parm and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
- For Scallops:
- 1 T. paprika
- 2 t. ea. dry mustard, brown sugar, and salt
- 1 t. ea. celery seed, dried thyme, dried oregano, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
- 12 sea scallops
- 2 T. veg. oil.
- Combine spices and sugar in bowl. Coat 1 side of each scallop with spice mixture.
- Heat skillet over med-high heat until very hot. Add oil and sear scallops, spice side down until blackened, about 3 min. Flip scallops and sear until cooked through, 2 min. more. Serve over pasta.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackened Sea Scallops with Corn Fettucine Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes