More From Southern Living
- 6 (6- to 8-ounce) redfish, grouper, or catfish fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons blackened fish seasoning
- Lemon wedges
- Dip fillets in melted butter. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning evenly over both sides of each fillet. Press seasoning into fish, and place on wax paper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until smoking. Place 2 fillets in the skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until lightly charred. Transfer fillets to a serving dish; cover and keep warm. Drain butter from skillet, and carefully wipe clean with paper towels.
- Heat skillet 5 minutes or until smoking. Place 2 fillets in skillet, and repeat cooking procedure. Repeat with remaining 2 fillets. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends Blackened Redfish Magic for seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This