Really yummy - I held back a bit on the seasoning, next time I won't. We had some left over Stinson blue cheese - awesome.
Blackened Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
The rub on the chicken puts Blackened Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette over the top in flavor.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 639mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken evenly with paprika mixture. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into thin slices.
- 2. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Place 1 lettuce half and 1/4 cup tomatoes on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 sliced chicken breast half, and drizzle each with about 1 1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This