Loved the rub on the chicken, very flavorful!
Blackened Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
The rub on the chicken puts Blackened Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette over the top in flavor.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 18 Minutes
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.9g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 639mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken evenly with paprika mixture. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across the grain into thin slices.
- 2. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Place 1 lettuce half and 1/4 cup tomatoes on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 sliced chicken breast half, and drizzle each with about 1 1/2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note