Delicious and super fast!
Open-Faced Blackened Catfish Sandwiches
This Cajun-inspired catfish sandwich is served open faced and topped with a creamy slaw packed with fresh cilantro.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 362
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 31.3g
- Carbohydrate: 22.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 414mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 3/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups packaged cabbage-carrot coleslaw
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of fish with paprika mixture. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fish; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 2. Combine yogurt, juice, and honey in a medium bowl. Add cabbage and cilantro; toss well to coat. Top each bread slice with about 1/2 cup slaw and 1 fillet. Top each fillet with remaining slaw.
- Sustainable Choice: Look for farmed catfish, which is an eco-friendly option
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note