This was wonderful. I only got to enjoy it twice though before a storm knocked out my fridge for a day and it melted.
Blackberry Wine Sorbet
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
12 Hours, 18 Minutes
- 3 cups blackberry wine*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackberry wine
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1. Cook first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or just until sugar dissolves. Fill a large bowl with ice; place saucepan in ice, and let stand, stirring wine mixture occasionally, until cold (about 1 hour).
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.) Spoon sorbet into an airtight container; cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- 3. Combine blackberries and next 5 ingredients; toss gently. Cover and chill up to 2 hours. Serve sorbet topped with berries.
- *Riesling or a dry rosé may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts