Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
Drizzle the syrup over pancakes, yogurt, or ice cream.
Yield: Makes 6 half-pt. jars
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 442
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.8g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 1.1mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 pounds blackberries
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Read Sunset canning instructions*; prepare 6 half-pt. canning jars and lids.
- 2. Put berries, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and 3/4 cup water into a wide pot. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit releases juices, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Smash berries with a potato masher. Cook until juices have thickened, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes more.
- 4. Strain syrup into a 2-qt. glass measuring cup. Press fruit with a ladle to push remaining juice into cup. Discard seeds and pulp.
- 5. Pour strained syrup into jars, leaving 1/2 in. of headspace. Following Sunset canning instructions, process 10 minutes.
- *Go to sunset.com/canning
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments