Very good minus the mint. I'm just not a fan of mint. Fresh summer flavor at it's best. It is very sweet so I made it a second time and cut the sugar to 1 cup. It's fantastic with a splash of peach schnapps for the adults!
Blackberry Sweet Tea
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes about 7 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- Garnish: fresh blackberries
- 1. Combine blackberries and sugar in a large container, and crush with a wooden spoon; stir in mint and baking soda.
- 2. Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- 3. Pour tea over blackberry mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Add 2 1/2 cups cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note