This recipe was an instant hit! I made it for my husband's first company picnic. I was very nervous about meeting everyone and about what I should bring to the party. My dish was the only thing that was completely eaten! I followed the recipe verbatim, and I wouldn't make any changes. I think that little bite-sized treats are the best thing to bring to a party because people aren't as shy to munch. I definitely plan on making these again!
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
Yield: Makes 20 tarts
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Unfold piecrusts; press out fold lines with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Cut piecrusts with a 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter, and fit into lightly greased miniature muffin pans.
- Bake at 350° for 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Bring 1/3 cup water and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon blackberry mixture into tart shells; pipe or dollop with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This