Blackberry Spinach Salad
This simple salad is a delicious combination of nutritious ingredients, including fresh spinach, blackberries, tomatoes and walnuts. A sprinkling of feta cheese and a flavorful homemade dressing top it all off. From Mary Lou Timpson: Centennial Park, Arizona. Recipe published in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009.
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup(s) fresh blackberries
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2/3 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- • In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, onion and walnuts.
- • In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes