A chilled soup that stars a bounty of berries. From Julian Ann Hillman: Cheney, Kansas. Recipe published in Light & Tasty June/July 2003.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup(s) pear juice
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 1 lime or lemon wedge
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- • In a heavy saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 20 minutes or until berries are softened. Remove and discard lime wedge. Strain berry mixture, reserving juice. Press blackberry mixture through a fine meshed sieve; discard seeds. Add pulp to juice. Cover and chill.
- • Set aside 2 tablespoons yogurt for garnish. Combine blackberry mixture and remaining yogurt in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Ladle into soup bowls. Dollop with reserved yogurt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note