Yield: Makes about 1 quart; 6 to 8 servings
- 3 cups (about 1 lb.) blackberries, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half (light cream)
- 1. In a blender or food processor, blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt until smooth.
- 2. Press through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard seeds. Taste, and add more sugar (up to 1/4 cup) if desired.
- 3. Stir in half-and-half. Cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- 4. Pour into an ice cream maker (1 1/2-qt. or larger capacity); freeze according to manufacturer's directions until mixture is softly frozen. Serve soft, or freeze airtight until firm, about 3 hours, or up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackberry Sherbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, No-Cook
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor, Ice-Cream Maker
- OCCASION: Autumn, Summer, July 4th, Labor Day
- PUBLICATION: Sunset