My favorite sangria recipe from bhg
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) cognac
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon or lime juice
- 3 cup(s) sliced peaches or plums
- 2 750-ml bottle(s) rose wine
- 1. For the syrup, in a medium saucepan* combine 2 cups of the berries, the sugar, water, and a dash of salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Strain through a colander, pressing gently without crushing the fruit; discard berries. Cool syrup.
- 2. For sangria, in a gallon jar or pitcher combine the blackberry syrup, rosé wine, cognac, lemon juice, fruit, and a few sprigs of basil, if desired. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- 3. Serve with ice, additional fruit, and basil. Makes 13 cups (26, four-oz. servings).
- 4. *Test Kitchen Tip: Use a nonreactive saucepan, such as Teflon-lined, enamel, stainless steel, or silver. The acid in the berries may react with metal.
- nutrition facts
- Calories: 109
- Total Fat (g): 0
- Saturated Fat (g) 0
- Total Sugar (g): 8
- Fiber (g): 1
- Protein (g): 1
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BarbInSeattle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackberry Sangria Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages, Alcoholic