1. Drain blackberries and pineapple, reserving the juice.
2. Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water.
3. Add 1 cup combined pineapple and blackberry juice (reserved in step one above) into dissolved gelatin.
4. Stir drained blackberries and pineapple into gelatin and juices mixture and pour into a 13x9x2 inch dish.
5. Cover and refrigerate to congeal completely (overnight if possible)
6. Prepare topping to be spread over congealed salad:
a. Soften cream cheese
b. Fold sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and pecans into softened cream cheese, using low to medium speed on hand mixer to ensure mixture is smooth
7. Remove cover from congealed salad; absorb any moisture pooled on salad by dabbing gently with a paper towel.
8. Spread prepared topping over congealed salad
9. Garnish with pecan halves or chopped pecans
10. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Go to full version of