This rich congealed salad has been a holiday favorite in my family for many years. Canned blueberries can be substituted for the blackberries, if desired. Although I usually use pecans for the garnish, my daughters often loved using multi-colored sprinkles or colored granular sugar instead of the pecans (or with them!) . This salad is rich enough to pass for dessert!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (16 Oz.) can(s) blackberries with juice
- 1 (8.5 Oz.) can(s) crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3 Oz.) package(s) black cherry gelatin
- 1 (3 Oz.) package(s) raspberry or blue raspberry gelatin
- 2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 (8 Oz.) package(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 (16 Oz.) carton(s) sour cream (I use fat-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup(s) pecans for garnish chopped or halved
- 1. Drain blackberries and pineapple, reserving the juice.
- 2. Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water.
- 3. Add 1 cup combined pineapple and blackberry juice (reserved in step one above) into dissolved gelatin.
- 4. Stir drained blackberries and pineapple into gelatin and juices mixture and pour into a 13x9x2 inch dish.
- 5. Cover and refrigerate to congeal completely (overnight if possible)
- 6. Prepare topping to be spread over congealed salad:
- a. Soften cream cheese
- b. Fold sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and pecans into softened cream cheese, using low to medium speed on hand mixer to ensure mixture is smooth
- 7. Remove cover from congealed salad; absorb any moisture pooled on salad by dabbing gently with a paper towel.
- 8. Spread prepared topping over congealed salad
- 9. Garnish with pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 10. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaPickens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackberry Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads