As written, this recipe was not very good. Too much seltzer, not enough rum, syrup, or lime juice. After tasting one, it was universally agreed that it wasn't good. After doubling the lime juice, quadrupling the syrup, and going up to 1/3 cup of rum, and reducing the seltzer down to maybe 1/8 cup, it was pretty decent....but that was just me winging it with the ingredients on hand.
Blackberry Pineapple Mojito
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 blackberries
- 3 small chunks fresh pineapple
- 6 or 7 fresh mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus a wedge for garnish
- 1/4 cup light or dark rum
- 1/4 cup seltzer
- 1. For simple syrup: Put sugar and 2 tsp. water in a glass bowl and microwave on full power for 10 to 15 seconds, or until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Drop blackberries, pineapple, and mint leaves into a sturdy glass and crush to a pulp with the end of a wooden spoon. Add the simple syrup, lime juice, and rum.
- 3. Pour the contents into an old-fashioned glass and then back into first glass; repeat until thoroughly mixed, then pour back into old-fashioned glass. Add ice cubes and seltzer; stir. Garnish with sprig of mint and lime wedge.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note