Made this last night, was amazing! I rarely bake, but this was easy and delicious. I followed the recipe, but did flour the fruit as a couple of people suggested, and had no problem with the fruit sinking. Think I will make this for Father's Day.
Blackberry-Peach Coffee Cake
You will not be disappointed with this Blackberry-Peach Coffee Cake recipe. As one online reviewer says, "I took the cake to my office and there was not even a crumb left on the plate!
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh firm, ripe peaches (about 2 large peaches, 7 oz. each)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Powdered sugar
- Garnishes: fresh blackberries, sliced peaches
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Streusel Topping.
- 2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan; top with sliced peaches and blackberries. Pinch off 1-inch pieces of Streusel Topping, and drop over fruit.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until center of cake is set. (A wooden pick inserted in center will not come out clean.) Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 1/2 hours). Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: We found that using a shiny or light-colored pan gave us the best results. If you have a dark pan, wrap the outside of the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil to get a similar result.
- Peach Coffee Cake: Omit blackberries. Increase peaches to 3 cups sliced (about 3 large peaches, 7 oz. each). Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note