Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars from Southern Living
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 3 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour divided
- 18 ounce(s) fresh blackberries (about 4 cups)
- 4 cup(s) peeled & sliced fresh, firm, ripe peaches
- 3 tablespoon(s) bourbon
- 1 cup(s) roasted glazed pecan pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 2 ingredients & 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Stir together baking powder, salt & 3 cups flour; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Spread three-fourths of batter in a greased & floured 13x9" pan; sprinkle with blackberries.
- 3. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar & 1/4 cup flour in a medium bowl; add peaches & bourbon, stirring to coat. Spoon mixture onto blackberries.
- 4. Stir pecans into remaining batter; dollop onto peach mixture.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cut into bars.
- Note: This recipe was tested with Diamond of California Glazed Pecans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes