Blackberry Lime Jam
For a full-textured jam with big spoonfuls of berries, mash the fruit coarsely. Lime subs for the usual lemon, adding a nice zing.
Yield: Makes 4 jars (8 oz. each)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 23
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 4.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely mashed blackberries (from about 1 1/4 lbs. fruit)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened berry juice blend*
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- 1. Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in berries, then berry juice, lime zest and juice, and butter. Bring mixture to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
- 2. Add remaining sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Ladle jam into heatproof jars and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
- *We used Santa Cruz Organic Berry Nectar.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note