- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely mashed blackberries (from about 1 1/4 lbs. fruit)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened berry juice blend*
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- calories 23
- caloriesfromfat 2 %
- protein 0.2 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 4.7 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in berries, then berry juice, lime zest and juice, and butter. Bring mixture to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
Add remaining sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Ladle jam into heatproof jars and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
*We used Santa Cruz Organic Berry Nectar.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.