This tart, refreshing dessert is a terrific source of calcium.
Yield: 14 cups (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 74mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 10 cup fresh blackberries*
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool.
- Process blackberry mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour blackberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing pulp with back of a wooden spoon. Discard pulp, and stir in buttermilk. Freeze 8 hours.
- Process frozen blackberry mixture, in batches, until smooth. Freeze 5 hours.
- *5 (14-ounce) packages frozen blackberries, thawed , may be substituted.
- Note: Recipe may be halved.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Blackberry-Lemon Sorbet Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Ice Cream/Sherbet
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, July 4th
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes Like This