BLACKBERRY, LEMON and GINGERSNAP CHEESECAKE PUDDING
Makes 6 layers of tangy lemon curd, fresh berry compote, rich mascarpone whipped cream, and purchased gingersnaps come together beautifully in this dessert.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- --- or ---
- BLACKBERRY COMPOTE:
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1-1/2 cup(s) chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely grated lemon peel
- 2 cup(s) fresh blackberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounce(s) gingersnap cookies (about 16)
- 2/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- LEMON CURD (easy version):
- LEMON CURD:
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) limoncello
- 1/3 cup(s) mascarpone cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- Lemon curd:
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, cream, and pinch of salt. Add eggs and egg yolks; whisk to blend. Cook over medium-low heat until thick enough for mixture to leave path on back of spoon with finger is drawn across, stirring constantly, 6 to 7 minutes (do not boil). Strain into medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly atop lemon curd. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight. **
- **LEMON CURD (Easy version):
- Mix sugar, corn starch and salt together in small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients except butter and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens. Add butter and stir until completely melted. Cool slightly. Can serve immediately or refrigerate covered with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Blackberry compote:
- Toss all ingredients in medium bowl to coat, lightly crushing some of berries to release juices. Cover and chill until sugar dissolves and juices form, about 3 hours. Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
- Place cookies in large resealable plastic bag. Crush cookies with mallet or rolling pin until largest pieces are about 1/2 inch. Using electric mixer, beat cream, mascarpone, and pinch of salt in large bowl just until peaks form. Arrange six 8-ounce parfait glasses or compote cups on work surface.
- Layer berries, mascarpone whipped cream over berries, then lemon curd, then crumbled ginger snap cookies. Repeat layering starting with whipped cream, lemon curd, ginger snap cookies and then finish with a little whipped cream and berries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by recipes743 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BLACKBERRY, LEMON and GINGERSNAP CHEESECAKE PUDDING Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts