I doubled the recipe and had it at a BBQ party. It was gone very quickly. I didn't change a thing EXCEPT I didn't use mint because I didn't have it.
Blackberry Iced Tea
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Pinch of baking soda
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- Garnishes: fresh blackberries, fresh mint sprigs
- Combine blackberries and sugar in large container. Crush blackberries with wooden spoon. Add mint and baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and let stand 3 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour tea over blackberry mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Add 2 1/2 cups cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
For the garnish, cut desired amount of wooden skewers into 5-inch lengths; then place fresh blackberries on skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages