This was very good, fast and easy. I like the top more than the berries so I'd put in a few less berries to improve the crisp to berry ratio. Enjoy!
Blackberry Hazelnut Honey Crisp
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 36 ounces fresh or frozen blackberries (8 cups)
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup berry blossom or wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup each flour and sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, toss berries with tapioca. In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp. boiling water. Stir to dissolve honey. Add to berries and toss to combine. Put in an 8- by 8-in. baking pan and set aside.
- 2. Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven until medium golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Rub nuts in a kitchen towel to remove skins; let nuts cool. In a food processor, pulse nuts until finely ground. Add flour, sugar, and salt and pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture forms a thick dough. Stir in oats. Drop in flattened 1-tsp. chunks over berries. Bake until topping is brown and berries are bubbling, about 1 hour. Let cool to set, 30 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts