- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine blackberries, water, and 2 1/2 cups sugar in a large Dutch oven; stir well. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Combine milk, 1 cup sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder, stirring well. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, stirring lightly until dry ingredients are moistened and a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into boiling blackberry mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until dumplings rise to surface and center of dumplings test done when pierced with a wooden pick. Transfer dumplings to individual serving bowls, using a slotted spoon. Spoon blackberry mixture over dumplings, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note