I prepared this dumpling cobbler for the first time this holiday. It was wonderful. I added multi fruit.....blueberries, blackberries, cherries, and raspberries. My entire family loved it and I would prepare it again. I did take the suggestion to add and extra 1/2 cup of oats and I'm glad I did. I only wished I opted for the suggestion to use a deep dish casserole dish because it did overflow into my oven while baking.
Blackberry Dumpling Cobbler
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) packages frozen blackberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 (8-oz.) packages 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1. Bring blackberries, 1 1/3 cups sugar, and butter to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently until butter is melted and sugar dissolves; remove blackberry mixture from heat.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and remaining 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add 2/3 cup milk, and beat until smooth. Stir in baking mix and uncooked oats. Spread two-thirds of the cream cheese mixture (about 3 cups) onto bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; spoon blackberry mixture evenly over cream cheese mixture. Dollop remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over blackberry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts